Men and women in San Francisco who work hard to obtain a flat and trim abdomen often find that it is not an easy thing to achieve. And for many, no matter the diet or exercise regimen, a six-pack remains just beyond their grasp. If this is something you have struggled with, and you are ready to finally have the defined abdomen you have been working toward, Dr. Furnas, Dr. Canales, and Dr. Culberston can help with a drainless tummy tuck and liposuction combination procedure.
Our doctors are board-certified plastic surgeons who each have more than 20 years of hands-on experience providing patients with beautiful, natural-looking results using liposuction in combination with a tummy tuck. Because they are constantly furthering their knowledge and making investments in the latest techniques available, our doctors perform an advanced “drainless” version of the tummy tuck procedure to benefit their patients.
The Drainless Tummy Tuck
The drainless tummy tuck is very similar to a traditional tummy tuck procedure in that it ultimately provides the same results. However, the traditional tummy tuck technique requires the use of temporary drains that are inserted into the abdominal area after surgery. Because the skin is only stitched together at the incision site during traditional tummy tuck surgery, fluid build-up naturally occurs under the skin, and it must be removed.
While the drainless tummy tuck technique also sutures the skin at the incision site, our doctors will also rejoin the skin, fat, and muscles back together along the abdominal wall using extra dissolvable quilting sutures, so no fluid build-up occurs under the skin, and no drains are required.
Advantages of a Drainless Tummy Tuck
There are many advantages to a drainless tummy tuck. This advanced surgical technique provides San Francisco patients with an overall better tummy tuck experience because:
- There is more stability in the abdomen due to the unique use of dissolvable sutures used to keep the skin and fat in place on top of the abdominal muscles.
- Patients experience a more enjoyable recovery process.
- Recovery is quicker, and patients are typically able to return to their jobs and normal daily activities within 2 weeks.
- Because Dr. Furnas, Dr. Canales, and Dr. Culberston use the drainless tummy tuck approach, less stress is put on the main tummy tuck incision, reducing the risk of incision separation during recovery.
- The drainless approach places less tension on the scar allowing for better healing and a potentially more aesthetically pleasing scar.
- No drain means that tummy tuck patients minimize the risk of infection and complications that sometimes occur through the mishandling of the fluid container that is used in a traditional tummy tuck.
As with the traditional tummy tuck technique, patients who choose a drainless tummy tuck may experience physical and emotional benefits as well, including:
- Slimmer abdomen
- More contoured midsection
- Correction of separated abdominal muscles
- Less chronic back pain
- Alleviated urinary incontinence
- Improved self-esteem
For more information on our tummy tuck procedure, check out our extensive tummy tuck survival guide.
Combining Drainless Tummy Tuck with Liposuction
Many patients in San Francisco choose to combine their procedure with liposuction in order to achieve their desired results. Liposuction allows our doctors to improve the appearance of love handles and remove more stubborn pockets of fat that are not located in the immediate area where the tummy tuck incision will be located.
Not only can Dr. Furnas, Dr. Canales, and Dr. Culberston perform liposuction in the abdominal area during your tummy tuck, but they can also use liposuction in other areas of your body while you are under anesthesia for your primary procedure. If you would like to find out what areas can be treated with liposuction at the same time as your drainless tummy tuck, talk to our doctors about your trouble areas during your initial consultation.
Call Plastic Surgery Associates Today
As leaders in the field of plastic surgery, Dr. Furnas, Dr. Canales, and Dr. Culberston have trained many other doctors in advanced techniques, both in the United States and internationally, so you can rest assured that you will be in good hands when you choose them for your tummy tuck and liposuction combination surgery.
To schedule your initial consultation, call their San Francisco office today at (415) 278-7441.