If you have finally decided to take the leap and have breast augmentation, our team is so excited for you! Our doctors understand what a big decision plastic surgery is, and they are always supportive of their patients, no matter their choice. We understand the hours you have put into researching breast augmentation and learning all you can about what you can expect from your final results. After all, the final results are the main goal.
But have you considered what you should expect in that time between your release from our surgical facility and when you are able to see your final results? Your recovery period after breast augmentation is just as important as the surgery itself. Because of this, we are taking time in this blog to let you know what you can expect after a breast augmentation.
Your Breast Augmentation at Plastic Surgery Associates
Plastic Surgery Associates offers patients the convenience and flexibility of an all-inclusive experience for their breast augmentation. San Francisco patients can receive a consultation, treatment, and aftercare all in one location. Our surgical facility is top-notch with an AAAASF-certification, which ensures patients benefit from the highest standards of safety.
To perform breast augmentation, our board-certified plastic surgeons use a rapid recovery technique that allows patients to avoid significant bruising after surgery. The recovery period with this technique is faster as well, and patients are usually able to return to their normal daily activities more quickly.
What Happens After a Breast Augmentation?
San Francisco patients are generally able to return home the same day they have their breast augmentation. However, because general anesthesia will be used, you will be required to have someone available at your appointment to drive you home when you have been released.
Our doctors will send you home with a list of post-operative instructions, which you should follow carefully in order to ensure your recovery period goes smoothly. These instructions will include things like:
- Wear the provided compression garment as directed in order to limit swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activities, and do not lift anything over 5 pounds for several days.
- Be sure to rest in the days following your procedure.
- Enlist the help of friends and family in the San Francisco area with help around the house and with children while you recover.
- Do not sleep on your stomach. Instead, rest on your side or your back, or consider sleeping in a recliner if all other positions are intolerable.
- Take any prescriptions provided by our doctors as directed and on the recommended schedule to avoid unnecessary discomfort.
- After your compression garments have been removed, be sure to wear a supportive bra while your breasts continue to heal.
- Perform regular breast massages as directed by our doctors. This will help your breast implants settle quickly and properly.
Patients will be able to see their initial results within one week, but it may take several months before final results are visible. Once your breasts have completely healed, you will have larger, fuller, and more youthful-looking breasts.
If You Have More Questions About Breast Augmentation, Call Plastic Surgery Associates in San Francisco
It is important that you understand every aspect of breast augmentation before you schedule your surgery. If you have any other questions, or if you are ready to book your initial consultation with one of our doctors, call us today at (415) 278-7441, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.