Exercise and a proper diet aren’t always enough to get rid of unwanted areas of fat. Plastic Surgery Associates provides treatment with liposuction to contour body features in a way that’s natural-looking and aesthetically appealing. The procedure can resolve trouble-spots in a variety of areas, with the most popular being the abdomen, love handles, hips, and thighs.
Our doctors are board-certified plastic surgeons who each bring more than twenty years of experience to the care of San Francisco patients. Stanford University-trained and leaders in their field, our doctors leverage their expertise and technical skill to sculpt a slimmer, more proportionate appearance. The doctors perform S.A.F.E. liposuction as well as power-assisted liposuction.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction provides a variety of benefits to patients who have areas of unwanted body fat.
- It’s a targeted procedure. our doctors can perform liposuction to remove fat from sites that diet and exercise may not have reduced.
- Improvement is immediate and noticeable. Where diet and exercise may have minimal effect even after months of effort, liposuction can eliminate this fat immediately.
- Surgery can treat many different features. Our doctors typically use liposuction to get rid of fat around the midsection and neighboring areas like the hips and flanks. They can also combine liposuction with surgery to remove excess skin in the abdomen (abdominoplasty) or arms (brachioplasty).
Before & After Photos
Candidates for Liposuction
Liposuction can be an ideal solution for San Francisco patients who are already at a good weight but who have trouble-spots that they want to treat. During the initial consultation, our doctors will discuss each patient’s aesthetic concerns, review different options, and advise a course of treatment to achieve the patient’s goals.
Note that liposuction is not a weight-loss surgery, and patients who want to drop a large amount of weight should consider alternative treatments. Also, because liposuction removes fat, patients who have the surgery should already have good skin elasticity. Someone with excess skin, stretch marks, or poor skin tone may be a better candidate for a tummy tuck.
Plastic Surgery Associates also provides non-surgical solutions for targeted fat reduction. Options such as CoolSculpting® are non-invasive and require no downtime, but liposuction will provide a much more noticeable difference. Our doctors can review both treatments during the consultation.
Liposuction Recovery in San Francisco
Our board-certified plastic surgeons perform liposuction procedures in our AAAASF-certified facility at Plastic Surgery Associates. This allows patients to receive all of their care at one location in San Francisco and in a professional, private, and safe environment.
If a patient has only one or two areas of concern, our doctors can conduct the procedure using local anesthesia only. We may recommend general anesthesia for liposuction that addresses both the back and front or for large-scale treatment.
As part of the recovery from liposuction:
- Patients should wear a compression garment for 4-8 weeks. This will encourage the skin to shrink and conform to the patient’s new figure.
- Most people can return to non-physical work after 48-72 hours.
- Patients who have had extensive liposuction or who have physically demanding jobs will need more time off.
Once the surgical site has healed, patients can expect that area of their body to have a slimmer, more aesthetically sculpted appearance.
Liposuction Costs in San Francisco
The price for liposuction can vary from $6,000 to $12,000. Factors that can affect the cost include the amount of time that a procedure requires and the number of sites that our doctors liposuction during the surgery. Patient safety is our top priority, and we will discuss the maximum amount of fat that we can remove as part of the initial consultation.
Plastic Surgery Associates welcomes the opportunity to explore treatment options. We encourage patients to schedule a visit so that we can discuss their procedure, answer their questions, and help them achieve their aesthetic ideal.
Learn more about liposuction with Plastic Surgery Associates. Get in touch with our practice online or call our San Francisco office at (415) 278-7441.